Monday, January 24, 2011

Where did the time go?

So this Saturday is my very first 10k run. I am a little nervous cause I am silly like that, I already know I can do the distance because I have run 6 miles in my training (1:00:19), but with the extra .2 of a mile that makes a 10k it will officially be the farthest I have ever ran at one time. That said I am excited also because my training times have been amazing (atleast for me). I did 3 miles today in 28:08 which means I have taken roughly 5 minutes off of my 5k time since I ran my first one back in October. That idea is crazy to me, especially since I haven't eaten the best, got hurt or sick a couple times and there have been weeks where I have just slacked off, but man does it feel good to be able to say.
All this running and getting in shape have me excited about my upcoming frisbee and softball leagues.
Well wish me luck that I can lose some more time, just 5 more days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment