Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Right cards, wrong game

I am that lukewarm water
I am the water tossed to and fro in the wind
I am the fool

My tongue is an untamed one
It sets my life on fire
I am the fool

I have not run to win the prize
I have not joined the race
I am the fool

I once had a close friend look at me very confused by me and say "You have all the right cards and seem to play them all wrong." I responded "I don't know what game is being played."
That was senior year of high school, man how I wish that 10 years later things would be different but they aren't I still seem to have no clue what game my cards go to and every time I think I know how my cards work the next time it fails miserably. I have always been good at a lot of things but never great at any one thing and any time I have thought I found the thing I was great at I fell flat on my face looking like the fool again.
I do feel tossed back and forth in life and there are days that I wish I hadn't found my faith so that I at least wouldn't be "lukewarm water".

No comments:

Post a Comment