Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lay Out

So I have been heading up a weekly Ultimate Frisbee game for the youth at church for the last 4 weeks and it has been really fun. It is actually kind of crazy to me that I have been the one in charge of planning and getting the info out about it, I usually get in on other peoples ideas. But yeah 4 weeks and even though our numbers have dropped a little each week those who show up tell me that they have lots of fun and want to know if we are gonna do it the next week, I even had one girl tell me it was the highlight of her week....that was totally awesome but totally surprising as well. To think that some little game that I start up on the weekend has become the highlight of somebodies week, crazy.

All that said I have had some help getting the word out since my church has two campuses and I only help at one of them right now. My buddy Anthony (who loves frisbee also has been there every week with me) has helped tons and even came up with ideas for themes for each week so we could try and give out a prize, but last Saturday was his last time out as he heads back to NAU to start classes this week.

I am gonna try and keep it going since I love to play and hearing some of the reactions of the students it really seems like something worth putting my time (and some money) into. I mean they are already started going out for food or snow-cones afterward and calling it a tradition after only 4 weeks lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment